When we begin a new endeavor , our enthusiasm is usually quite high. We can hardly wait to dive right into our new adventure everyday and give it our all. This new found gusto can last anywhere from a day or so to several months. But as time presses on, the inner drive fizzles sometimes. The new found adventure may become a chore and we have to push ourselves to engage. Why does this happen? How is it we go from jumping up n down about living that healthy lifestyle to blundering along and dreading eating the low fat meal or trodding out the door for a run or walk?
(Luckily, this doesn’t always happen and for those folks, keep it going and enjoy your new passion.)
Perhaps the answer lies somewhere in the fact that change is difficult. It is easier to wander along our previous chosen path, eating Cheetos and binge watching Netflix. It takes a huge mental push to make the changes to live the healthier lifestyle. We have to make the effort, it doesn’t just happen.
In reality, there are most likely a bazillon reasons as to why our “umphffff” fizzles but instead of focusing on the why, let’s just find ways to get past the hump and keep finding reasons to continue making the changes to live the healthy lifestyle.
One of the best ways to keep the momentum going is to remember why we are trying to live this healthy lifestyle: better physical and mental health, longer and a more robust quality of life, more restful sleep, and better relationships in our daily lives.
Some people need accountability to keep them on the right track while others are more internally self driven. Either way, we can all benefit from inspirational or motivational quotes. These words from others will often provide the incentive to keep going in a healthy direction.
So read on and find your motivation in words…but then go be healthy.
*”You can always do more than you think you can.” Ken Chlouber, founder of Leadville 100 and member of the Colorado Running Hall of Fame.
* “The race is not always to the swift but to those who keep on running.” Successories quote for Determination; This small plaque sits on my desk and has been a source of inspiration for many adventures in life.
* “You are what you believe yourself to be.” Paul Coelho. Whatever we want to accomplish in life, it starts with believing you can do it.
* “Some people want it to happen, Some people wish it could happen, Others make it happen.” Michael Jordan. Even with a support system around you, it is up to make anything happen.
* “Git ‘er done!” Larry the Cable Guy. Simple but true, when we put our minds into doing something, we can do anything.
*”Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt.” Mark Twain. Living a healthy lifestyle is about being truthful with ourselves and seeing our good points and not so good points. Don’t be afraid to face your shortcomings and then kick their butts!
* “The elimination diet: Remove anger, resentment, regret, blame, and worry. Then watch your health and life improve. ” Charles F. Glassman. We sometimes short change ourselves by harboring those feelings and thoughts, which only serves to short change our healthy life.
*”Don’t ever stop believing in your own transformation. It is happening even on days you may not realize it or feel it. ” Lalah Delia. Some days just don’t happen according to the healthy plan but you are still moving in that direction in the big picture.
Hopefully, these quotes will provide some “kick in the pants” to keep you moving towards and living that fulfilling life you have always dreamed of. Don’t doubt yourself and don’t let anything get in your way.
Return to this page often and I will continue to add inspiration.
Until next time…go be fit. Sarah @gon4run.com